[NTG-context] Protrusion cancellation by index term

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 31 00:10:28 CEST 2016

On 3/30/2016 9:53 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2016-03-22 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> are there any improvements here with revamped token processing
>>> implemented in recent versions?
>>
>> it's not that trivial
>>
>> ... for the index we can cheat a bit but then i also need to check lots
>> of other cases for possible interference
>>

> Can you roughly estimate when this could be further investigated?
> Between 0.90-0.95, later or after 1.0?

further handling is unrelated to the engine because at that level it is
not know what protrusion is expected (there are probably as many cases
where you don't want to protrude as where you might want and hard coding
solutions / heuristics is no option

> I hope there will be some way to fix it in ConTeXt one day.

non trivial so very stepwise ... adding all kind of hacks just for
protrusion can interfere with other mechanisms

you can try to do this:

\leftboundary\hbox{\index{foo}}....