[NTG-context] Are nested sections possible?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 24 22:08:00 CET 2016

> On 03/15/2016 05:54 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>> Indeed, Hans, it would be nice to be able to nest sectionlevels within
>> a chapter...section... scheme (which is NOT depreciated, although
>> antiquated).
>
> Oooh, shiny! In the TEI community, there are also people who repeat that
> having <div>s all the way down is modern, and <div1><div2> etc. is old
> hat. Well, I like to think about the way I structure my texts before I
> write them. I'm old fashioned that way...
>
> But seriously: by all means, let's allow nesting. But don't let anyone
> tell you that explicit names are "antiquated." They make TeX or xml
> source documents so much more readable! And when you have to retrace
> five levels of \startsectionlevels because you want to change the
> structure of your document, you will rue the day you abandoned proper
> names.

they are not antiquated at all

the main benefit from using \startchapter ... \stopchapter instead of
\chapter is that we then know where something end which is handy when
you want to finish things before starting something new (esp when
grouping is involved it can get messy otherwise) ... it's also easier on
the export