[NTG-context] Length range control of the last line of paragraph

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Mon Mar 21 20:14:00 CET 2016

Dear All,

when paragraphs are separated by indenting the first line (instead of an
empty line), these rules should be followed:

(1) the last line lenght is greater than the left indent
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(2) the last line is shorter than block width
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(ad 1) Some suggestions can be found in
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/28357/ensure-minimal-length-of-last-l
ine - but to be honest, it is not very clear to me how to apply it and even
combine with (2)

(ad 2) This can be done using \parfillskip XXpt plus 1fil (where XX is
required gap)

I'd be grateful for any command which would set this globally for all
paragraphs. Partly requested here  http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=885

One could set
(a) minimum length - default=2*indent
(b) minimum gap - default=indent
(c) minimum block width where (a) and (b) are still to be applied -
default=2*a+b

(ad c) if there are narrower blocks within the document (e.g. blockquotes),
we should still have some room for typesetting the last line content. If the
area width is insufficient, the last line would be typeset without these
(a+b) restrictions.

In meantime, any suggestion how to combine a+b manually are welcome.

Thanks, Jan