[NTG-context] Possible typo in source file type-imp-lato.mkiv

Tom Harrop thomas.harrop at ird.fr
Wed Mar 16 16:15:17 CET 2016

Hi,

I was having trouble getting italics to work for a PDF that uses the
Lato font. Bold and 'normal' were rendering just fine.

In the log I saw some lines like:

> fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'lato-reglta' is not
> found using lookup 'file'
> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'lato-reglta', loading aborted

I noticed Context was searching for *reglta (with a lower case "L")
rather than regita (with an "i").

Looking at the file
http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/type-imp-lato.mkiv I
can see that all the synonyms point to *lta rather than *lta inside the
\definefontsynonym commands.

I tried changing all the instances of *lta to *ita in type-imp-lato.mkiv
on two different systems (Ubuntu and MacOS) and in both cases I
subsequently got italics in my PDF.

I suppose this could be a bug. Is this list the right place to report it?

My apologies if it is in fact something I was doing wrong!

Thanks,

Tom