[NTG-context] Are nested sections possible?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Mar 15 18:10:27 CET 2016

On 03/15/2016 05:54 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Indeed, Hans, it would be nice to be able to nest sectionlevels within
> a chapter...section... scheme (which is NOT depreciated, although
> antiquated).

Oooh, shiny! In the TEI community, there are also people who repeat that
having <div>s all the way down is modern, and <div1><div2> etc. is old
hat. Well, I like to think about the way I structure my texts before I
write them. I'm old fashioned that way...

But seriously: by all means, let's allow nesting. But don't let anyone
tell you that explicit names are "antiquated." They make TeX or xml
source documents so much more readable! And when you have to retrace
five levels of \startsectionlevels because you want to change the
structure of your document, you will rue the day you abandoned proper names.

Thomas