[NTG-context] Diamond, and Unicode math symbols

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 11 21:57:28 CET 2016

On 3/11/2016 9:18 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Nicola <nvitacolonna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking for a symbol similar to \lozenge, but squarer (like
>> \Diamond in some LaTeX packages, see The Comprehensive Symbol List,
>> p. 112). Any idea how I may typeset it in ConTeXt (MKIV)? \diamond
>> is too small. I am using TeX Gyre Pagella Math if that matters.
>>
>> I also have a couple of questions about \showmathfontcharacters:
>>
>> 1) does that list show all and only the symbols available in the
>> current font, or a predefined list of symbols?
>>
>> 2) The list shows a Unicode point for each symbol, but not the
>> corresponding TeX command (if it exists). Say I need U+02B31
>> (three leftwards arrows), and I don't want to bother searching
>> TCSL above.  May I use the Unicode code point to define a control
>> sequence in ConTeXt that prints the symbol? If so, how?
>>
>> Nicola

> I could not find a diamond on p. 112 in my version of the
> comprehensive symbol list, but maybe:
>
> \definefontfamily[myface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
> \definefallbackfamily[myface][mm][Xits][range={"025C7}]
> \definefontfamily[myface][mm][TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
>
> \setupbodyfont[myface]
>
> \starttext
> You could try $⋄\quad   ⃟ $ from Pagella or $◇$ from Xits.
> \stoptext
>
> There is a nice document, unicode-symbols.pdf you can have a look in
> for a list of (unicode) math symbols.

there are s-math-*.mkiv files that can generate all kind of lists

you can run s-mkiv-repertoire.mkiv to get a comparison (at the end of
the file you can see how)

% list here (some 8 fonts) that you have on your system:

\showmathcharacterssetbodyfonts{lucidaot,cambria,xits,modern,pagella,termes,bonum,schola,dejavu}

\starttext

     \setupbodyfont[pagella,   12pt]

     \showmathfontrepertoire

\stoptext

you can click around (on a decent high res screen)