[NTG-context] OT: OpenType vs. TrueType

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Sat Mar 5 10:25:59 CET 2016

Am 2016-03-05 09:40, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> Hi,
>
> I think the following video is interesting because it answers the
> questions which font format you should use:
>
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5tN88CX30
>

> German speaking users can watch the following video:
>
>     https://vimeo.com/41494356
>
> or read this article:
>

> http://www.typografie.info/3/page/artikel.htm/_/wissen/mythos-opentype-r270
>
> Kind regards,
> Wolfgang Schuster

Wow, good read! (Didn't have time to watch the video yet :-))

Indeed I always thought PS < TTF < OTF while this is apparently pretty
wrong. That's definitely something I need to look out for when buying
fonts. It looks like one needs to check first, how the
shop/author/whoever defines "TrueType" and "OpenType", so you really
know what you get :-/

Best regards
Andreas