[NTG-context] \definedescription and setupdescription options

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:52:12 CET 2016

> Jan U. Hasecke <mailto:juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org>
> 4. März 2016 um 16:25
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a small documentation and today I tried all the options
> in \definedescription and/or \setupdescriptions to understand what is
> going on.
>
> I have no idea what these options are doing:
>
> closecommand
\definedescription[testdescription][title=yes,closecommand=\wordright,closesymbol={\symbol[square]}]

\starttext
\starttestdescription{Knuth}
\input knuth
\stoptestdescription
\stoptext
> titleleft
> titleright
> titledistance
> titlestyle
> titlecolor
The title* keys can only be used with enumerations.
> headcommand
\definedescription[testdescription][title=yes,headcommand=\framed]

\starttext
\starttestdescription{Knuth}
\input knuth
\stoptestdescription
\stoptext
> hang
Works only with “alternative=left” or “alternative=right”.

\definedescription[testdescription][title=yes,hang=2]

\starttext
\starttestdescription{Knuth}
\input knuth
\stoptestdescription
\stoptext
> inbetween
Works only with “alternative=top”.

\definedescription[testdescription][title=yes,alternative=top,inbetween={\blank[3*line]}]

\starttext
\starttestdescription{Knuth}
\input knuth
\stoptestdescription
\stoptext
> command
This is no valid key for descriptions.

Take a look at the attached files for the valid keys for the description
and enumeration environments.

Wolfgang