[NTG-context] Custom syntax highlighting

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 2 10:13:07 CET 2016

On 3/2/2016 9:56 AM, Nicola wrote:
> On 2016-03-01 21:53:10 +0000, Hans Hagen said:
>>
>> just fyi (as aditya already provided you a solution) there are three
>> highlighters
>>
>> - the build-in one, for which one can define additional variants (there
>> are few defined, some assume proper syntax, some are line based)
>
> Just to clarify, this is the Lua-based "pretty printers" mentioned in the
> wiki, is it?
>
>> - the module by aditya which (i assume) also needs vim installed
>>
>> - a relative new mechanism based on the scite lexers that i use (for not
>> it is loaded by \usemodule[scite]
>
> ...which does require Scite? (I've tried your example and it doesn't get
> highlighted.)

the sql lexer is in the upcoming beta and i just added the start/stop
but this should work

\usemodule[scite]

\starttext

\startbuffer[x]
for i=1cm step 1cm upto 10cm :
     draw fullcircle scaled (0cm,i) ;
endfor ;
\stopbuffer

\scitebuffer[mps][x]

\stoptext

You don't need scite installed so it's quite efficient as it's the
method that is used, not the binary (and the context related lexers ship
with the context distribution).