[NTG-context] \setupsectionblock and \setupbackgrounds page-break problem

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 22:11:01 CET 2016

> Robin.Kirkham at csiro.au <mailto:Robin.Kirkham at csiro.au>
> 28. Februar 2016 um 14:49
> Folks,
>
> I want \startfrontmatter to trigger a background image, but I can only
> get this to appear if I use page=yes (see example below).
>
> However, I don’t want any page break between the front-matter and
> body-matter. If I use page=no (as in the line commented out) this page
> break disappears — but so does the background image!
>
> How can I get the background behind the page where the front-matter
> text appears, but with no page break before the body-matter?
Set the page background outside of the sectionblock.

\setupexternalfigures[location=default]

\definelayer[frontbackground]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=frontbackground]

\startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]

\setlayer[frontbackground]{\externalfigure[mill][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]}
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=no]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=no]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
Should be on a first page
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
Should follow frontmatter with no page break
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

Wolfgang