[NTG-context] Controlling \at output

Aidan Nichol aidan at nicholware.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 12:47:57 CET 2016

I’m trying to create something (like varioref in latex) that suppresses \at output if the referenced item is on the current page. The main decision point is with

\doifelse{\at[ref2]}{\rawcountervalue[page]}{ same page }{ different page }

no matter what I try (expdoifelse and other ways to get the current page) the values never match.

\doifelse{\at[ref2]}{\at[ref1]}….. (ref1 and ref2 are on the same page but don’t match

\doifelse{\rawcountervalue[page]}{1}…  it is page 1 but always fails.

The only match I get is with

\doifelse{\at[ref2]}{\at[ref2]}….  which is pretty useless

Presumably I’m doing something stupid. Or do i have to go for a much lower level approach