[NTG-context] two issues with interactive hyperlinks (please comment)

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon Feb 22 21:40:42 CET 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:13:27 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> btw, imo docs for screen should be designed for screen (or one should
> make two versions, one for screen, one for print) and footnotes
> should be pop ups or roll-overs but the free acrobat alternatives are
> not clever enough for that

As Pablo wrote, this just won't happen.
It is very rare that *anyone* delivers both screen and print versions
of a PDF file (Pragma ADE excepted).

This makes me think: Is there some "standard" way for a PDF to contain
both versions?

I did struggle recently with an Adobe-specific PDF (which I could not
even read using Acroread 9) that contained two, in fact three,
documents:
1. A form
2. Instructions
3. A page that was shown on non-Adobe readers

I do not know enough about PDF and different readers to know how to
include several versions, but this would be quite useful.

Alan