[NTG-context] Deprecated $…$ for inline math?

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Thu Feb 18 01:38:30 CET 2016

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:40:39 +0100
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> Excuse me, Alan, this is exclamation in Spanish (and only in Spanish).

Bigre ! Of course, I know that.

> Just out of curiosity, why do you think he should have chosen that?

I was attempting to make some fun with this thread.

More seriously, \( expression \) was already an attempt to come up with
something "better". I am risking to state that $expression$ and
\math{expression} are two good solutions for ConTeXt and that
\m{expression} is, at best, just useless. Furthermore, any suggestion to
depreciate $expression$ is, in my opinion (and apparently in the
opinion of others), ludicrous.

Alan

P.S. I am a present writing a chapter on mathematics for a small
introduction on typesetting with ConTeXt, so this discussion is
highly relevant.