[NTG-context] two issues with xtables

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:07:20 CET 2016

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 16. Februar 2016 um 20:59
> On 02/16/2016 08:22 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Pablo Rodriguez 16. Februar 2016 um 20:11
>>> [...]
>>> Well, I thought location would center the table. Before and after (with
>>> \startalign) crash compilation. Aligning the whole table doesn’t seem to
>>> make any difference. Sorry, but how can I center the table and not its
>>> contents?
>> Use
>>
>> \startlinealignment[middle]
>> or
>> \startplacetable[location={force,none}]
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>
> Only the second option works with the real table. The first one crashes
> compilation.
>
>>> The second issue is about rulethickness: would it be possible to specify
>>> different dimensions for each frame (top, bottom, left, right)?
>> Disable the normal frame and use a metapost background with
>> different values for all borders.
>
> MetaPost is unknown to me. How would it be with this minimal sample?
There is a second method which let you create your own argument for the
leftframe,
rightframe etc. keys.

\installleftframerenderer
{small}{\blackrule[height=\overlayheight,width=1\linewidth]}
\installleftframerenderer{medium}{\blackrule[height=\overlayheight,width=2\linewidth]}
\installleftframerenderer
{big}{\blackrule[height=\overlayheight,width=3\linewidth]}

\starttext

\framed{Text}

\framed[leftframe=small]{Text}

\framed[leftframe=medium]{Text}