[NTG-context] Deprecated $…$ for inline math?

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Tue Feb 16 20:12:36 CET 2016

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:20:04 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 2/16/2016 4:59 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 08:21:42 -0700
> > Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau at cea.fr> wrote:
> >
> >> I do note that the VIM syntax highlighting routine is pretty poor
> >> and has difficulties around $, which is a symbol that I like using
> >> (unpaired) quite a lot in MetaPost (\startMPcode...\stopMPcode).
> >
> > The stock vim context syntax highlighting ist terrible, indeed. I
> > modified the syntax files, the result is still terrible (and reflect
> > my personal context writing style instead of being general), but for
> > me they're better than the original ones. Then I contacted Nikolai
> > with the patches a while ago. He told me that he's not maintaining
> > the syntax files any longer and if I want to take over
> > maintainership. I declined because I know I wouldn't have much time
> > at my disposal the next months.
>
> context --extra=listing --scite --compact yoursource.tex
>
> gives the kind of highlighting that I use here (mixed tex / mp / lua
> mode)

During the last ConTeXt meeting, we held a workshop on Hans' scite
setup. It turns out that it depends on a Lua parsing library available
on Windows that we did not succeed in compiling/porting to other
systems. OK, we did not try too hard...

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:50:33 -0500
Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> You could try my syntax files for context:
>
> https://github.com/adityam/vim-context
>
> It is fairly rudimentary (compared to the syntax files for latex),
> but I do get correct syntax highlighting inside metapost and lua
> environments.

Thank you. This surely must work better than what is shipped with vim.

Alan