[NTG-context] How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Feb 15 22:31:23 CET 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
>>  I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
>> | \defineunderbar|mechanism. Is that possible?
>
> i uploaded a beta where you can test:
>
> test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
> \underrandom{grep} \blank
> test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash {grep}
> \blank
> test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot {grep}
> \blank
>
> still somewhat experimental

While you are looking at the code, there was another question on
tex.stackexchange on bars:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/291946/overstrike-in-context-can-it-overstrike-leaders

How to get bars to work with leaders?

\setuppapersize[A6][A6]
\starttext
\overstrike{Hello\hfill world!} % Works OK

Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world! % Works OK, nothing special

\overstrike{Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world!} % Not quite right
\stoptext

Aditya