[NTG-context] Character rotation font feature available?

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Sun Feb 14 22:30:34 CET 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 04:42:31 +0800
Zhichu Chen <chenzhichu at sinap.ac.cn> wrote:

> I have some special needs that requires all the characters be rotated
> by 90 degrees. I've searched around the web and maybe adding
> /FontMatrix [0 1 -1 0 0 0]
> to the font descriptor dictionary is helpful. But I can't find a
> \pdf??? primitive that can achieve this. (Am I wrong about this?)
>
> Another solution might be the "vrt2" font feature. There's no
> difference between the results with or without enabling the feature.
> But I do see the font has the feature by using the shell command:
> otfinfo -f <fontname.otf>

I don't know exactly how it's supposed to look like, especially
kerning, vertical spacing, etc. Just making sure you know about
\applytocharacters:

\starttext
  \applytocharacters\rotate{Foo Bar}
\stoptext

as well as \handletokens Foo Bar\with\rotate

Maybe that's already sufficient for your use case.

Marco