[NTG-context] font switches: bold, slanted, etc.

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Sat Feb 13 16:55:02 CET 2016

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 11:47:52 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Alan BRASLAU <mailto:alan.braslau at cea.fr>
> > 13. Februar 2016 um 11:30
> >
> > I wonder, though, is there anything similar to boldsmallcapitals?
> > Does this even exist in any fonts?
> It depends on the font, with Latin Modern this isn’t possible because
> it uses
> a separate font for smallcaps but with TeX Gyre you can do this:
>
> \setupbodyfont[pagella]
>
> \starttext
>
> Text {\feature[+][smallcaps]Text} {\bf Text
> \feature[+][smallcaps]Text}
>
> Text {\feature[+][smallcaps]Text \bf Text}
>
> \stoptext

Thank you.

This is nice, as TeX Gyre is a very good base for most use (unless one
specifically needs/wants a different font). So I wonder if \smallcaps
could be easily made to use this \feature automagically if it exists in
the font? Maybe it does this already:

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

Text {\bf Text \feature[+][smallcaps]Text}

Text {\bf Text \smallcaps Text}

\stoptext

Alan