[NTG-context] font switches: bold, slanted, etc.

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Feb 13 11:20:31 CET 2016

On 02/13/2016 11:02 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 02:14:10 +0100 Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> I guess \em is your friend here:
>
> Yes, silly me, of course \em nests well with bold
> as does mathematics:
> [...]

Alan, please, no derogatory remarks about list members :-).

There is a Latin quote from Horace («Ars poetica», 359,
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Hor.+Ars+369&fromdoc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.02.0064
[of course, Thomas knows way better than myself, since I’m not even an
amateur]):

    quandoque bonus dormitat Homerus

which translates (according to Merriam-Webster
[http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aliquando%20bonus%20dormitat%20homerus]):

    sometimes (even) good Homer nods

We are all human beings (although ones more perfect and with more
ConTeXt knowledge than others :-)).

Cheers,

Pablo
--