[NTG-context] horizontal list of sections/topics?

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Fri Feb 12 23:58:14 CET 2016

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:36:47 +0100
"Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a quick question before I start coding: for my next
> presentation style, I would like to have a list of topics with the
> current topic highlighted. There are already two styles in
> simpleslides doing this, but this time, I'd like the list to be
> horizontal, at the bottom of the slide. Is there already a
> listalternative for this? Or is it not too complex to have a
> \definelistalternative do this? Or would it be easier not to rely on
> the list mechanism but code something from scratch?
>
> Thanks for your advice and all best
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I use the following code that puts a (vertical) list into the left margin.
The present topic is highlighted.

You will need to modify your list with before=,after=, etc.
Maybe this can give you some ideas.

Alan

I use it as follows:

\def\MarkPage{4} % first 3 slides are title, introduction and outline...

I then put this whenever I want to begin a new topic.

\Topic [A new topic]

\definelist [MyTopics] [criterium=all]
\setuplist  [MyTopics]
        [pagenumber=no,alternative=command,command=\FancyEntry,interaction=all]
\setupinteraction [state=start,color=,contrastcolor=]

\def\MarkPage{0}
\def\MyMark{}
\def\Topic{\dosingleargument\doTopic}
\def\doTopic[#1]{\def\MyMark{#1}\writetolist[MyTopics]{}{#1}}

\define[3]\FancyEntry {
    \framed[width=2.5cm,align={right,nothyphenated},frame=off,offset=0pt]
        {\doifelse \rawstructurelistsecond \MyMark
            {\color [simpleslides:contrastcolor]    {\switchtobodyfont [12pt]#2\par}}
            {\color [simpleslides:altcontrastcolor] {\switchtobodyfont [12pt]#2\par}}
        \blank [small]}
}

\setuptexttexts[margin][\ifnum\realpageno>\MarkPage\vbox{\placelist[MyTopics]}\fi][]