[NTG-context] How to use Helvetica Neue Light (OS X)?

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:06:37 CET 2016

On 2016-02-10 15:49:37 +0000, Taco Hoekwater said:

> It seems the ttc extractor fails in the current beta, at least on osx.
>
> After a —reload of the fonts, I get similar results to Nicola: only one
> indexed font is found for each of the .ttc files (always the last index).

I have exactly the same for the beta. Let me add that things do not look
right with ConTeXt from TeX Live either. Try this:

1) remove the cache from ~/Library/texlive/2015/texmf-var
2) luatools --generate
3) mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=avenirnextcondensed*
4) Typeset my test document using Avenir Next Condensed.
5) mtxrun --script fonts --reload
6) mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=avenirnextcondensed*
7) Typeset again.

My results:

3) I see all the entries, plus some spurious ones, which are probably
   synthesized by the script (e.g., avenirnextcondensedblack).
4) The PDF is an empty document (`unknown font` in the console).
6) I see only avenirnextcondensed and avenirnextcondensedbold: the rest
   is gone.
7) The document is typeset in boldface (at least the font is found).

Nicola