[NTG-context] \usemodule[pgfplots] fails

Procházka Lukáš Ing. LPr at pontex.cz
Tue Feb 9 13:36:53 CET 2016

Hello,

so the state now:

1.

I'm renewing ConTeXt with

	"call first-setup.bat --extras=all --modules=all",

which calls

	"mtxrun --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --force --update --make --engine=all --context=beta --texroot=%CONTEXTROOT% %*",

so all modules including pgfplots should be automatically updated (and were in the lately mentioned case).

2.

@Wolfgang:

Yes, placing your pgfplots.zip in the same directory as the source file solves the problem - the file compiles well with no error.

What is more pure or systematic solution? For now and for one directory it is OK, but - for the future in general?

3.

As ConTeXt plotting engine is concerned:

Just for illustration, an image of what pgfplot was used for in this case.

The plot is created dynamically - number of series, their vertices, legenda, the way how each series is filled.
Lua reads a table and calls tex/pgfplot commands to generate the plot.

No problem to generate such plot with pure ConTeXt (tool, module, ...), if it is capable.

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz