[NTG-context] Hyphenation of chemical names

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Sat Feb 6 21:19:39 CET 2016

ConTeXt has troubles hyphenating chemical names, which in organic
chemistry  can be funny things such as
N-(4-n-alkoxybenzylidene)-4’-alkylaniline.
The names can get much worse...

The rules for hyphenating in chemistry are well defined. Without
putting specific hyphenating hints into the names themselves, I do not
know how to go about adding these rules into ConTeXt. Of course, they
can differ slightly by language, but the system is pretty much the same.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Maybe we need special rules that get applied within \chemical{}?

Alan