[NTG-context] If figures are placed left, left-aligned captions are unwantedly centered

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Jan 30 00:26:18 CET 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 1/29/2016 9:30 PM, d_jan wrote:
>>  Hello fellow ConTeXt users,
>>

>>  I want to place figures left so that text wraps around them if they have
>>  less width than \textwidth. The figure captions should be aligned left
>>  (flushleft).
>>
>>  What happens: The captions are all centered.
>
> What happens is that a caption < width kicks in.

But we already have a way to get around that: width=max

\setupfloat[figure][default={left,nonumber}]

\setupcaption[figure][align=flushleft, width=max]

\starttext

\placefigure{my figure caption a really long
caption}{\externalfigure[images/image1.jpg]}
\input knuth

\placefigure{my figure caption}{\externalfigure[images/image1.jpg]}
\input tufte
\stoptext

Aditya