[NTG-context] ConTeXt vs Beamer

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Jan 26 15:17:03 CET 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Saša Janiška wrote:

> I'm (well) aware of ConTeXt's advantage in the sense of being complete
> package without clashing of different packages which usually happens in
> LaTeX world, I wonder if someone can give some piece of advice to learn
> and/or switch ConTeXt for preparing presentations instead of learning
> lot of LaTeX packages?
>
> How does ConTeXt compare for the purpose vs LaTeX/Beamer?

As others have mentioned, beamer presentations look like beamer
presentations. One of the things that I like is that it is relatively easy
to create the look that you want.

Once you think about it a bit, presentations are no different than regular
documents. You can get a reasonable looking presentation by just changing
a few defaults:

https://randomdeterminism.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/creating-a-clean-presentation-style-in-40-commits/

I would recommend creating your own style for simple presentations and
slowly add bells and whistles.

Aditya