[NTG-context] ConTeXt vs Beamer

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Tue Jan 26 12:04:03 CET 2016

On Pon, 2016-01-25 at 22:56 +0100, Otared Kavian wrote:

> I have been using Context for all my presentations for many years and
> I think it is easier to use than any Latex package, since out of the
> box I can add pictures, menus, graphs of functions, etc.

That is very encouraging to hear. ;)

> A good start is to begin with the examples set up by Hans and by
> Aditya and Thomas Schmitz.

This is natural answer to my question...

> The examples by Hans are in the directory
>
> 	/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/modules/mkiv
>
> of your Context installation, and begin with s-pre-, followed by
> digits and mkii or mkiv suffix.
> The examples by Aditya and Thomas are to be found in
>
> 	/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/simpleslides

After some additonal install, I was able to localize both type of
examples. :-)

Now let me jump into some ConTeXt-related learning experience.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without