[NTG-context] ConTeXt vs Beamer

Marcin Borkowski mbork at wmi.amu.edu.pl
Mon Jan 25 22:15:41 CET 2016

On 2016-01-25, at 21:55, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau at cea.fr> wrote:

> Beamer presentations look like ... beamer presentations.

Or like presentations given from The One Editor:

http://mbork.pl/download/Slides_about_LaTeX_editing.pdf

;-)

> For something simple using ConTeXt, you might want to look at the
> simpleslides module. That could be a starting point.

I used ConTeXt once for a presentation, and then came back to Beamer.
Not necessarily because it's better, but I know it quite well, so
I could prepare my slides faster.  (Also, Emacs support for LaTeX and/or
Beamer is better than for ConTeXt.)

So I don't have a lot of experience with ConTeXt, but I'll risk an
opinion: if you're fine with a simple presentation without much
learning, or more learning for a sophisticated presentation, consider
ConTeXt.  If you don't mind a bit boring look (which some consider an
advantage) and/or you want just to copy a template from the docs (even
for a bit more sophisticated stuff), try Beamer.

Also, you might want to switch to a decent text editor.  ;-P

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University