[NTG-context] TeX in \xmlsetentity and DTDs in DOCTYPEs

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jan 18 22:26:44 CET 2016

> On 01/17/2016 07:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> it should work in the in beta now
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> now I have a problem :-) What should take precedence if an entity is
> both defined in the dtd and as a \xmltexentity? The way I see it, the
> latter: e.g., in the DTD, I might declare something for use in a browser
> but require a different solution when typesetting with ConTeXt. The
> latest and greatest now takes my DTD definitions instead of the
> \xmltexentities, which did not happen before. Is that an unwanted side
> effect or the new default?

i already feared that ...

% \disabledirectives[lxml.entities.escaped]
% \disabledirectives[lxml.entities.prefertex]

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\xmltexentity{oeps}{\textdegree}

\startbuffer[test]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE blah SYSTEM "blah.dtd" [
      <!ENTITY oeps "indeed">
      <!ENTITY more " ">
]>
<text>
     Random text with an entity: &oeps; test & test

     Random text with an entity: &more; test
</text>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:testsetups
     \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:testsetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:text
     \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
     \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

i still wonder what happens in tuc files (roundtrip mess)

beta coming