[NTG-context] TeX in \xmlsetentity and DTDs in DOCTYPEs

Kate F kate at elide.org
Mon Jan 18 21:56:16 CET 2016

On 18 January 2016 at 20:07, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 1/18/2016 2:30 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> On 01/17/2016 07:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>>
>>> it should work in the in beta now
>>

>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> now I have a problem :-) What should take precedence if an entity is
>

> so you have an example ?
>
>> both defined in the dtd and as a \xmltexentity? The way I see it, the
>> latter: e.g., in the DTD, I might declare something for use in a browser
>> but require a different solution when typesetting with ConTeXt. The
>> latest and greatest now takes my DTD definitions instead of the
>> \xmltexentities, which did not happen before. Is that an unwanted side
>> effect or the new default?
>

> we probably have to make it configureable

I don't think it's necessary to have the precedence configurable - I
think it would make sense to have \xmltexentity always take
precedence.

The usual case would be that there are no user-specified \xmltexentity
definitions present at all, and the document's DTD entities would be
used (by the feature you just added).

So if somebody does have their own \xmltexentity specified, it's
because they want that to be used instead. That would allow a user to
do something specific for ConTeXt processing, but I don't have a good
example for that. Personally I hope I can delete all my \xmltexentity
calls now.

--
Kate