[NTG-context] Binaries for Linux (warning)

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon Jan 18 16:36:45 CET 2016

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:44:43 +0100
Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alan now tried compiling the luatex binaries for Linux on Debian
> rather than on some ancient CentOS (like he did in the past).
>
> In case that any Linux user experiences problems, please let us know
> and we'll switch back to CentOS with an older libc, otherwise we would
> prefer to stick with Debian (oldstable).

The ./first-setup.sh download will FAIL on CentOS 5 and other older linux installations
dating from the last century as follows:

sent 19 bytes  received 47 bytes  132.00 bytes/sec
total size is 3525  speedup is 53.41
receiving incremental file list
bin/
bin/luatex

sent 17954 bytes  received 6826826 bytes  1955651.43 bytes/sec
total size is 9533569  speedup is 1.39
texlua: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by texlua)

Please note that the 32bit luatex binaries have been compiled on Debian/oldstable
for some time and this has not appeared to have caused any problems.

Alan