[NTG-context] Instalation ConTeXt to MAC - newbie problem

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Sun Jan 17 13:19:39 CET 2016

Hello ConTeXist.
I am trying to install a standalone ConTeXt on MacBook. I am doing
everything exactly as instructed on contextgarden.net, but the
installation will fail. It seems that the problem is with rsync, with
copying the installation script first-setup.sh into my Mac. Since I am a
longtime Windows user and I'm a newbie on OS X, I'd like to find out
what the problem may be. I dont know nothing about OS X, but I suppose
that might be a problem with the firewall settings or access rights to
the directories which  I use to install ConTeXt etc. Can someone please
advise how to perform the installation? There is an option to download
the installation package and install ConTeXt differently?
Thanks for replies.

Jaroslav Hajtmar