[NTG-context] [solved] Error in latest beta: luat-exe.lua not found

Romain Diss romain.diss at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 16 20:35:01 CET 2016


Le 16/01/2016, Hans Hagen a écrit
> On 1/16/2016 12:14 AM, Romain Diss wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >
> >Le 13/01/2016, Hans Hagen a écrit
> >>On 1/13/2016 1:22 AM, Romain Diss wrote:
> >>>Le 13/01/2016, Hans Hagen a écrit
> >>>>On 1/13/2016 12:01 AM, Romain Diss wrote:
> >>>>>On 1/12/2016, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >>>>>>On 1/12/2016 9:33 PM, Romain Diss wrote:
> >>>>>>>I just downloaded the new beta and I can not launch context anymore. It
> >>>>>>>complains it can't find a 'luat-exe.lua' file:
> >>>>>>>>system          > lua > loading of file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed:
> >>>>>>>>         cannot open /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua: No such file or directory
> >>>>>>>>resolvers       > lua > loading file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed
> >>>>>>>>error loading file: luat-exe.lua (aborting)
> >>>>
> >>>>is that file sompelace on the system?
> >>>Yes, it is located in /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/luat-exe.lua
> >>>
> >>>Concerning the 'context --version' error message, the 'context.mkiv' is
> >>>also located in /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/
> >>>and not in /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/ as printed
> >>>in the output.
> >>
> >>i'll upload a version with a bit more checking
> >Still not working here. Is there a way to downgrade my installation back
> >to the last context beta without the mkii and mkiv subdirs in order to
> >be able to use context again (and wait for a solution)?
> 
> you're the only one with this issue (or the only one who reports it) so i
> have no clue what to do
> 
> does a fresh install work ?
After a lot of tests, I found the origin of the problem:
- I had a custom texmfcache dir set in my .bashrc file:
  > export TEXMFCACHE="${HOME}/.texmf-var"
- I certainly changed by mistake the acces rights of this texmfcache
  dir so it was write/read/execute protected.

So I change the acces rights of the dir and ran 'mtxrun --generate'
again and this solved everything. Maybe this can help to add checks for
this case.

Again thanks for your help.

PS: I agree with Thomas that the mkii and mkiv split is a really good
thing (however, I wonder why first-setup.sh installs the mkii dir when
called with --engine=luatex…)

All the best.


-- 
Romain Diss


More information about the ntg-context mailing list