[NTG-context] TeX in \xmlsetentity and DTDs in DOCTYPEs

Kate F kate at elide.org
Fri Jan 15 18:21:25 CET 2016

Hi. I'm using MkIV's XML stuff. I have two related questions.

Firstly, can I have entities in XML expand out to TeX markup?

I thought this was how you'd do it, but this produces a document that
says literally "xxx~yyy\thinspace zzz", whereas I want the ~ and
\thinspace to be executed as TeX commands. Test case below.

Secondly, is it possible to have ConTeXt load such entities from a
DTD? If I use a DOCTYPE in my XML, entities from that DTD seem to not
be loaded.

Thanks.

a.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>