[NTG-context] simplefonts question

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:21:15 CET 2016

> Meer, Hans van der <mailto:H.vanderMeer at uva.nl>
> 14. Januar 2016 um 14:49
> How to set the calligraphic font in the simplefonts module?
> With the instructions in the Wiki:
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][serif][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][sans][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][mono][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][math][lucidaot]
> \setupbodyfont[fallbackfont]
> \setcalligraphicfont[fallbackfont]
>
> and got the following errors: (1) unknow font and (2) unknown definition.
>
> open source > 6 > 12 >
> /Users/hansm/Applications/TeX-sources/context-29/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv
> close source > 6 > 12 >
> /Users/hansm/Applications/TeX-sources/context-29/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv
> fonts > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using
> lookup 'file'
> fonts > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
> fonts > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as
> 'fallbackfont-12pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>
> hvdm-fig.tex: ! Undefined control sequence
>
> l.11 \setcalligraphicfont
>                        [fallbackfont]
>

> Why is ConTeXt able to use my Lucida font with simply
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot] but does simplefont not?
You're using the wrong names for the fonts and there is also no need to
load the simplefonts module.

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Lucida Bright OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Lucida Sans OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [tt] [Lucida Sans Typewriter OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Lucida Bright Math OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [hw] [Lucida Handwriting OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [cg] [Lucida Calligraphy OT]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\rm\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\ss\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\tt\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\hw\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\cg\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\startformula
c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\stoptext