[NTG-context] Error in latest beta: luat-exe.lua not found

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 12 23:02:49 CET 2016

On 1/12/2016 9:33 PM, Romain Diss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded the new beta and I can not launch context anymore. It
> complains it can't find a 'luat-exe.lua' file:
>
>> system          > lua > loading of file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed:
>>          cannot open /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua: No such file or directory
>> resolvers       > lua > loading file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed
>> error loading file: luat-exe.lua (aborting)
>
> As I can see, the 'base' directory has been split up into 'mkii' and 'mkiv'
> subdirs, so maybe a link has not been updated.
>
> Context end up with this message:
>> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.87.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)
>>   system commands enabled.
>> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
> When I launch 'context --version', I get:
>> mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.62
>> mtx-context     | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
>> mtx-context     | context version: unknown, load error

i uploaded a version that reverts soem changes so that an older luatex
works (we're still looking into the situation)

anyway, this is unrelated to the mkii/mkiv sub path issue: i have no
clue what happened at your end as i can update withou tproblems

you can try to run mtxrun --generate and then update again