[NTG-context] Error in latest beta: luat-exe.lua not found

Romain Diss romain.diss at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 12 21:33:30 CET 2016

Hi all,

I just downloaded the new beta and I can not launch context anymore. It
complains it can't find a 'luat-exe.lua' file:

> system          > lua > loading of file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed:
>         cannot open /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua: No such file or directory
> resolvers       > lua > loading file '/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-exe.lua' failed
> error loading file: luat-exe.lua (aborting)

As I can see, the 'base' directory has been split up into 'mkii' and 'mkiv'
subdirs, so maybe a link has not been updated.

Context end up with this message:
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.87.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)
>  system commands enabled.
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

When I launch 'context --version', I get:
> mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.62
> mtx-context     | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> mtx-context     | context version: unknown, load error

Thanks for yout help.

All the best.

--
Romain Diss