[NTG-context] RTL problem with figure numbers

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:17:45 CET 2016

> Mohammad Hossein Bateni <mailto:bateni at gmail.com>
> 3. Januar 2016 um 20:46
> Hi,
>
> Again this has been partly discussed on the list and solutions were
> already there but I didn't see anyone mention the issue with figures.
>
> In the following MWE we have 20 pages of a simple text with a section,
> a footnote and a figure on each page.  The page numbers and footnote
> numbers are fine.  Section numbers need some care to appear
> correctly.  I couldn't figure out a similar mechanism for figure
> numbers, though.  The example does not use Indic numbers, which does
> not have any effect on the problem.
>

> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two]
> \setupalign[r2l]
>
> %% If we don't provide the numbercommand, we'll see reverse numbering
> starting from 10.
> \setuphead[chapter,title,section,subject][numbercommand=\righttoleft]
> %% The following does not accept any numbercommand but it has
> numberconversion.
> %% As a result figure numbers are shown in reverse.
> \setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
> %% Footnotes are fine and accept conversion.
> %% Page numbers are also okay.
>
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{20}{
>
> \section{Test}
> This is a very simple text.
> And we have a footnote\footnote{Footnote text}.
>
> \placefigure
> [][]
> {Test figure.}
> {\centerline{FIGURE BODY}}
>
> \page
> }
>
> \stoptext
You can use processors.

\setupalign[righttoleft]

\defineprocessor [lefttoright][style=\lefttoright]
\defineconversionset[lefttorightnumber][][lefttoright->n]

\setupcaption[figure][numberconversionset=lefttorightnumber]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter}

\dorecurse{20}{\placefigure{Dummy figure}{\blackrule[width=8cm,height=2cm]}}

\stoptext

Wolfgang