[NTG-context] RTL problem with figure numbers

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:46:49 CET 2016

Hi,

Again this has been partly discussed on the list and solutions were already
there but I didn't see anyone mention the issue with figures.

In the following MWE we have 20 pages of a simple text with a section, a
footnote and a figure on each page.  The page numbers and footnote numbers
are fine.  Section numbers need some care to appear correctly.  I couldn't
figure out a similar mechanism for figure numbers, though.  The example
does not use Indic numbers, which does not have any effect on the problem.

\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two]
\setupalign[r2l]

%% If we don't provide the numbercommand, we'll see reverse numbering
starting from 10.
\setuphead[chapter,title,section,subject][numbercommand=\righttoleft]
%% The following does not accept any numbercommand but it has
numberconversion.
%% As a result figure numbers are shown in reverse.
\setupcaptions[numberstopper={:}]
%% Footnotes are fine and accept conversion.
%% Page numbers are also okay.

\starttext

\dorecurse{20}{

\section{Test}
This is a very simple text.
And we have a footnote\footnote{Footnote text}.

\placefigure
[][]
{Test figure.}
{\centerline{FIGURE BODY}}

\page
}

\stoptext

I use TeXLive 2015 on Mac OS X,
         CONTEXT 2015.05.18 12:26, and
         LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015) (rev 5238).

Thanks a lot!
—MHB