[NTG-context] Switching to landscape

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 21:28:16 CET 2015

> Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <mailto:LPr at pontex.cz>
> 28. Dezember 2015 um 16:37
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 00:06:08 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It’s a bug but for the moment you can call \setuplayout (no arguments
>> are necessary) after \setupapersize to have the correct sizes in the
>> PDF.
>
> OK, it works.
>
> One question related to this theme:
>
> How width and height of the current layout are adopted when switching
> to landscape?
>
> I noticed that once I have set the layout "height", I have to reset
> the value manually.
> If the default "height" is kept, no manual reset is necessary.
>
> See this:
>
> ----
> %\setuplayout[height=277mm] % This value is useful for portrait
> orientation; try to un/comment
>
> \starttext
>   Aaa
>
>   \page
>   \setuppapersize[A4,landscape] % "Height" should be reset
>   \setuplayout
>
>   Bbb
>
>   \typefile{Text.txt}
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> Is there a way to "reset" to the default (landscape) layout?
> (Even \setuplayout[reset] doesn't do the job.)
There is no reset possible because you change the default layout.

You can fix this with a custom layout for your document because
afterwards you can
just switch back to the default setting when the papersize changes.

\definelayout[start][height=277mm]
\setuplayout [start]

\showframe

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}

\page \setuppapersize[A4,landscape] \setuplayout[reset]

\dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par}

\stoptext

Wolfgang