[NTG-context] new bets

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:07:51 CET 2015

On 18 December 2015 at 08:33, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 12/17/2015 03:00 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to upload a new beta but this one needs luatex 0.87 which is
>> in the process of being released. So, don't update unless you knwo that
>> your platform binary is provided (or just keep your old tree as backup).
>>
>> Hans
>

> Hmm, linux64 has the latest luatex, but building formats fails with
>
> This is LuajitTeX, Version beta-0.87.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)  (INITEX)
>  system commands enabled.
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.mkiv
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/syst-ini.mkiv
> ! unexpected use of \pdfvariable.
> <to be read again>
> l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
>                                                   eplacefont} \pdfre...
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
> <to be read again>
> l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
>                                                   eplacefont} \pdfre...
> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, bad output DVI file produced!
> No pages of output.
> Transcript written on cont-nl.log.

Hans asked my to stop syncing ConTeXt about a month ago, so I
commented out the syncing step on the server. He didn't ask me to
enable it again and I forgot. Nobody noticed and nobody complained
until now.

I believe that ConTeXt should work again everywhere except on
i386-freebsd, solaris and armhf.

Mojca