[NTG-context] Problem with first setup of StandAlone ConTeXt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:20:17 CET 2015

On 15 December 2015 at 15:54, Bruce Boghosian wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  Interestingly, the command:
>
> $ ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex*
>
> results in the very same error, namely:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.842     \pdfminorversion
>                          \plusfive
> ?

Maybe you should grep for other occurrences of TEXMFCNF in your home
folder? (My bash uses ~/.bash_profile.)

-------------

> It seems to contain many, many soft errors of the form
>
> resolvers       | globbing | confusing filename, name: 'ChangeLog', lower:
> 'changelog', already: 'CHANGELOG'

This is harmless. I believe that Hans is checking for duplicate
filenames (which are a problem in the source tree), but ChangeLog
comes from documentation and duplicates are fine.

> resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path
> '/Users/bruceb/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/texmf/web2c' from specification
> 'selfautoloc:/texmf/web2c'
>
> and
>
> l.40    \c!method=\v!none]
>

> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \c!state
>          =\v!start
> \xprocesscommaitem ...ocesscommaitem \else \if ]#1
>                                                   \@EAEAEA
> \gobbleoneargumen...
> <argument> \c!state =\v!start , \c!title
>                               =, \c!printable =\v!yes , \c!scope =\v!local ,
> \c
> \xdogetparameters #1]->\xprocesscommaitem #1
>                                             ,],\@relax@

That's "progress". Because it means that you are at least using a
different (hopefully proper) version of ConTeXt.

I don't know this particular error though. I hope that others will be
able to help. I'm behind the firewall at the moment, so I can't test.

... oh, and I just noticed one more thing that might be causing the
problem. You also need to remove the TEXMF variable.

Mojca