[NTG-context] Upgrade to 2015.11.19 breaks OTF reader?

Philipp Gesang phg at phi-gamma.net
Sat Dec 12 11:32:52 CET 2015

···<date: 2015-12-11, Friday>···<from: talazem at fastmail.fm>···

> In case this helps anyone else:
>
> In my case, the LuaTeX error resulted from what appears to be a corrupt font cache. I was getting the error:
>
> > !LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading ()
> > ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> The solution was to clean the LuaTeX font cache in my ConTeXt standalone directory. Mine was in:
> ` ~/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/<...>/fonts/otf/ `

You can use ``mtxrun --script cache --erase`` for that.

> (The <…> represents a long string of numbers.)
>
> I deleted the .tma and .tmc files in that OTF directory. Upon running ConTeXt again, everything worked fine. [The source of this discovery was http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/65038/luatex-cannot-find-existing-font <http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/65038/luatex-cannot-find-existing-font> ]

I’ve run my tests explicitly erasing the caches (not only the
fonts one) and rebuilding both the format and the file indices
every time.

Try this:

    export OSFONTDIR=~/.fonts
    mtxrun --script cache --erase && mtxrun --generate && context --make && mtxrun --script fonts --reload && context source.tex

(Adapt the OSFONTDIR path and replace “source.tex” with the name
of your test file.) Make sure there’s no copy of the font in PWD
or the system path.

Best,
Philipp