[NTG-context] Upgrade to 2015.11.19 breaks OTF reader?

talazem at fastmail.fm talazem at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 11 23:51:10 CET 2015

In case this helps anyone else:

In my case, the LuaTeX error resulted from what appears to be a corrupt font cache. I was getting the error:

> !LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading ()
> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

The solution was to clean the LuaTeX font cache in my ConTeXt standalone directory. Mine was in:
` ~/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/<...>/fonts/otf/ `

(The <…> represents a long string of numbers.)

I deleted the .tma and .tmc files in that OTF directory. Upon running ConTeXt again, everything worked fine. [The source of this discovery was http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/65038/luatex-cannot-find-existing-font <http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/65038/luatex-cannot-find-existing-font> ]

Talal