[NTG-context] horizontal spacing under special circumstances

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:48:46 CET 2015

> Henning Hraban Ramm <mailto:texml at fiee.net>
> 8. Dezember 2015 um 12:11
>
> Thank you for the suggestion, but I can’t see any change, even if I
> use extreme values for \spaceskip (like 0.1 or 10.0), neither in footnotes
The footnote on the second page is a line shorter.

\startsetups[footnote:space]
   \spaceskip .7\interwordspace plus .5\interwordstretch minus
\interwordshrink
\stopsetups

\starttext

\input zapf
\startfootnote
\input zapf
\stopfootnote

\page

\setupnote[footnote][setups=footnote:space]

\input zapf
\startfootnote
\input zapf
\stopfootnote

\stoptext
> nor in my description (is the setups key even supposed to work in
> \definedescription?).
No, there is no setups key for description and you have to misuse the
style key.

\define\CompressSpace
   {\spaceskip .7\interwordspace plus .5\interwordstretch minus
\interwordshrink}

\definedescription[compressedspace]

\starttext

\startcompressedspace
\input zapf
\stopcompressedspace

\setupdescription[compressedspace][style=\CompressSpace]

\startcompressedspace
\input zapf
\stopcompressedspace

\stoptext