[NTG-context] horizontal spacing under special circumstances

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 10:01:58 CET 2015

> Henning Hraban Ramm <mailto:texml at fiee.net>
> 7. Dezember 2015 um 10:54
> Hi again,
>
> since my bibliographic setup works well, thanks again, I’d like to
> tighten it a bit, i.e. reduce spacing under defined circumstances.
>
> In the docs and sources I found only how to affect spacing of
> languages, and only "packed" or "broad".
>
> In lang-spa.mkiv I found \definehspace, and in spac-hor.mkiv I found
> \spac_spacecodes_set_fixed{}, but I don’t understand if they can do
> what I want, and how.
>
> This doesn’t help:
>
> \unprotect
> \definedescription[BibItem][
> headcommand=\gobbleoneargument,
> align=right,
> before={\bgroup\spac_spacecodes_set_fixed{50}}, % does this take a
> value or a unicode point?
> after={\egroup}, %\spac_spacecodes_set_stretch},
> ]
> \protect
>
> I’d also like to have footnotes in tighter spacing.

You have to change the value of the \spaceskip register when you want to
change with width of a space.

\startsetups[footnote:space]
   \spaceskip .7\interwordspace plus .5\interwordstretch minus
\interwordshrink
\stopsetups

\setupnote[footnote][setups=footnote:space]

\starttext

\input zapf
\startfootnote
\input zapf