[NTG-context] horizontal spacing under special circumstances

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Mon Dec 7 21:15:56 CET 2015

On 2015-12-07 13:06, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2015-12-07 um 21:39 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu>:
>
>> When typesetting bibliography manually, I typically use \frenchspacing.
> You may, but that is increasing spacing (at least around punctuation).
> But my publisher would like tighter-than-normal spacing.
>

> Greetlings, Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

Is a condensed font that complements your text face available? That, and
reducing the font size should be the first things to look at.
If neither will work for you, there is a sledge-hammer you can wield:
\kerncharacters. Depending on the font and your sensibilities, you might
get away with \kerncharacters[-0.07], but even at -0.03 some look bad.
You will lose ligatures.

--
Rik