[NTG-context] Reconciling unicode-math with LaTeX2e mathematics

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 30 18:44:21 CET 2015

On 11/30/2015 6:20 PM, Maggyero wrote:
> Is there a plan to have in ConTeXt the same kind of math behavior that
> Will Robertson implemented in the last version of his unicode-math LaTeX
> package (\mathrm, \mathit, \mathbf, \symrm, \symit, \symbf, etc.)?
> Because ConTeXt currently has the same math/text spacing issues in math
> mode that the old unicode-math package had.

you need to be more explicit about the problems you encounter (minimal
examples for instance)

the (unicode) math implementation of context has been around for many
years now and the basic approach is unlikely to change

of course is something is wrong we fix it (given that it fits within the
unicode / opentype possibilities)