[NTG-context] Urdu with NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Nov 29 11:09:20 CET 2015

On 11/29/2015 4:38 AM, Deepak Jois wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Deepak Jois <deepak.jois at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 12:32 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>>> well, only for gsub, not for gpos where only arab/dflt is defined
>>
>> Are you saying that is a bug with the font? If so, I could report it,
>> for what it’s worth.
>>

> Tried to look into the spec regarding GPOS lookups:
> https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/gpos.htm
>
> <quote>
>>
> To access GPOS information, clients should use the following procedure:
>
> 1. Locate the current script in the GPOS ScriptList table.
>
> 2. If the language system is known, search the script for the correct
> LangSys table; otherwise, use the script's default language system
> (DefaultLangSys table).
>
>> </quote>

yes but for testing and control i don't like hard coded defaults so that
has to go via an option; a next version will have a 'default' option
that when set to true will fallback on dflt .. and tex is about control

(btw, features and what should be on/off are the messiest part of
opentype ... and often very inconsistent so ..)