[NTG-context] Urdu with NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf

Deepak Jois deepak.jois at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 04:38:31 CET 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Deepak Jois <deepak.jois at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 12:32 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>> well, only for gsub, not for gpos where only arab/dflt is defined
>
> Are you saying that is a bug with the font? If so, I could report it,
> for what it’s worth.

Tried to look into the spec regarding GPOS lookups:
https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/gpos.htm

<quote>
…

To access GPOS information, clients should use the following procedure:

1. Locate the current script in the GPOS ScriptList table.

2. If the language system is known, search the script for the correct
LangSys table; otherwise, use the script's default language system
(DefaultLangSys table).

…
</quote>