[NTG-context] Urdu with NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Nov 28 20:02:24 CET 2015


On 11/28/2015 12:49 PM, Deepak Jois wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>> something cursive but anyhow, there us no urdu language (dflt has to be
>> used)
>
> I reported the bug originally. I changed the fontspec directive in my
> test file to not specify the language. I got a better output, but
> still pretty bad.
>
> Details w/ screenshot:
> https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/292#issuecomment-160283333
>
> Deepak
>
> PS:  Btw fontspec does not complain about the language. In XeTeX, my
> experience has been that if a language is not present, it logs a
> message to stdout. I am not sure if fontspec on LuaLaTeX has the same
> behavior, but I did not see a message complaining about language.
>
> Also, here is the otfinfo output:
>
> $> otfinfo -s NotoNastaliqUrdu-Regular.ttf
> arab            Arabic
> arab.ARA        Arabic/Arabic
> arab.FAR        Arabic/Farsi
> arab.KSH        Arabic/Kashmiri
> arab.SND        Arabic/Sindhi
> arab.URD        Arabic/Urdu
> dflt            <unknown script>
> latn            Latin

well, only for gsub, not for gpos where only arab/dflt is defined ... 
okay we could have another heuristic for that but of course it then 
becomes harder to *not* use some feature


-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the ntg-context mailing list